Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Me, Being a Science (Physics) Addict

“When I was in high school, I knew that if I was going to become a nurse, I was definitely going to have to go to college. I'd been a science fan since I was a young kid. I picked physics because out of all the different scientific fields, I think physics is probably the broadest.”- Raymond D. Lopez
Is it weird to have my own quotation? Am I really a science addict? And what’s more, a Physics addict?
Ever since I was a kid, I questioned the way how science works in the society, and now that I am a nursing student I understand it better. It was in my fourth year high school when I first encounter the word Physics.
After that I find it more interesting because it I know after college it will be the most used branch of science in the field I chose to pursue. Of course, it was nursing.
It was physics, the study of energy and matter that made me asked so many things. One example where I, being a nurse use physics is the heat and temperature, we nurses get the temperature of our patients to know whether they are sick or not. We also use machines to detect what is the health problem of our patients. We nurses, must be knowledgeable enough to know the right amount of electricity, dosage, heat etc. that we must provide to our patients.
Through Physics, we nurses also understand the nature of the body like the blood, DNA and understanding how DNA transmits all it knows about cancer, physics, dreaming and love will keep man searching for some time.
Truly Physics is a great help to my profession, it was physics who taught me from formulating theories, being logical, assessing, calculating, to the usage of machines in treating diseases, and also to the understanding of the nature of the body.
So, it’s not bad to be a science or a physics addict because physics helps me to reach my dream, a dream of becoming a nurse.

No comments: